The weather is getting cooler and Autumn is well and truly in full-swing so that means only one thing for me: hot chocolate! I love being all snug in a hat, scarf and gloves with a steaming drink in your hands. Either that or being tucked under a blanket, watching a film with it! Some people love drinking this and others enjoy making it for others to enjoy. I imagine that Mrs Weasley would be one of those people!
Close your eyes and imagine Mrs Weasley in her kitchen, humming the latest Celestina Warbeck song playing on the radio. She has one of her spoons stirring away at some milk warming on the stove while she broke apart some chocolate frogs. You can hear the Weasley kids, Harry and Hermione messing around with gnomes in the garden and she smiles.
Yeah, this post turned into a story! Haha!
Mrs Weasley’s Hot Chocolate (V & GF)
250ml almond milk/oat milk
2 tsp cacao powder
1-2 tbsp agave honey/maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon/ginger/vanilla extract
1 tsp chia seeds
- In a medium-sized pan, pour in your choice of milk along with the cacao powder, sweetener, flavouring and chia seeds. (I’ve heard so many benefits of chia seeds! I even have them in my porridge so why not in hot chocolate too!)
- Bring all the ingredients to a low boil while gently continuously stirring everything.
- When it starts to boil, take off the heat and pop into a blender. (Just to make everything silky smooth!)
- If you’ve got a friend joining you, divide the mixture into two mugs (Pick a fun mug! My favourite is a Marauder’s Map one!)
- Have a fun time choosing which topping you’d like to have! You could have cacao nibs for added chocolate, marshmellows (Holland & Barratt do some great vegan and gluten free ones!) and whipped cream!
- If you enjoy, Mrs Weasley will be so happy!
This little recipe is so simple and beyond yummy! I’ll be having mine tonight while I watched The Dragon Prince on Netflix!
Where would you drink your hot chocolate?